Giveaways & Promotions
About Contests and Giveaways
From time to time Charede will hold contests and giveaways for the community. Sometimes they will be carried out on the livestream and other times they will be held on the Charede Gaming website so make sure to check back to both regularly to avoid missing anything. We use a website/application called gleam.io to run our contests. I recommend you sign up for an account it literally takes seconds to do and doing so can automate some of your entries. We have listed some information below which you should find useful. Please take the time to read this before entering any contests/giveaways. If you still have further questions contact our support team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
What kind of contests and giveaways Charede Gaming runs
Contests and giveaways vary but generally they are the following;
These generally consist of competitions, outcome polls, art submissions, membership activity etc. These primarily reward huggle points, subscriptions and in some case gaming/geek related goodies.
Giveaways are focused on giving you either copies of games, limited edition items, consoles/pcs, and gaming/geek related goodies. In most cases what we offer is digital however there will be some cases of giveaways with physical goods. Some of our giveaways may be sponsored or in partnership with an organisation. If this is this case we will declare it.
Entire community contests/giveaways
These contests/giveaways are accessible to all regardless of whether they have a Charede Gaming subscription or follow/attend the livestream. These contest/giveaways are usually carried out over a longer period of time and have many more ways to enter. Winners of these can view it on the app and will be contacted via email and social media private messaging.
livestream only contests/giveaways
These are contests and giveaways which are directly held in Charede's livestream and do not rely on the gealm.io website/app. These are typically wrapped up during the stream with the winning being pulled live on air at a set time or at the end of the stream. To win users will need to remain present till the winner drawing takes place and being following Charede's livestream. Only livestream contests/giveaways are exempt from the requirement of having a Charede Gaming free member account or higher.
Subscription restricted contests/giveaways
A majority of our contest are available to everyone but we will on occasion hold a subscriber only contest. What this means is that only those who have one of the three subscriptions to Charede Gaming will be able to enter. The two subscription methods are;
1. Elite or Pro Charede Gaming membership
2. Patreon subscription
1. Must have a free or higher Charede Gaming website membership account. Only exception to this are contest/giveaways run on the livestream channel.
2. Must use an email account you legitimately have access to.
3. You acknowledge that any social media accounts you use as entries are yours and that you have access to them legitimately.
4. You have not been permanently banned or blocked by Charede/Charede Gaming on any of the following; Twitch, Youtube, Charede Gaming website, Twitter, Facebook, Anook, Player.me, Charede Gaming Discord Room, EarthRealm Minecraft Server, Ask.fm, Charede Gaming Steam Group.
5. In some cases we will be giving away age restricted products. In the case of these you acknowledge you are older than the restriction on the product or have the permission of a parent or guardian to use that age restricted product.
6. You must not enter under multiple email addresses/accounts in order to gain extra entries. One set of entries per person only. If you are caught making multiple accounts to enter all of your entries will be voided, your CG account banned, IP blocked from accessing our site and services and blocked from our media channels including livestreams and Youtube channels. We do not tolerate cheating!
7. You acknowledge that you live in a country which permits individuals of your age or higher to enter contests/giveaways.
8. If you are considered a minor in the country in which you live you are required to seek the permission of a parent or guardian before entering.
9. You agree not to unfollow on any entries you use for the duration of the contest/giveaway. In the event you do unfollow an entry method you understand that you will loose the additional entries associated with that entry method while the contest/giveaway is ongoing. You can unfollow and refollow during the contest but you will need to complete those entries again in order to get the entries back. Unfollowing and refollowing multiple times will not grant extra additional sets of entries (e.g. the old follow plus the new). After the contest/giveaway has ended you are welcome to unfollow on those accounts without effecting your chances of winning or any winnings you have been selected for in the past.
Methods of Entering Contests/Giveaways
You will first of all need to sign in using the gleam.io website/app. Once you have done so the typical entry types we use are as follows;
Follow on various social media
Visit the CG Site or a specific article
Visit partner sites
Daily sharing such as tweeting
Answering CG and/or gaming related quiz questions
Becoming a subscriber on Patreon or CG Sub
Please note some entry options will grant more entries than others. Doing as many as possible will give you the best possible chance of winning.
Some entry options have a timer on them and can be repeated once a day or even more often. Make sure to come back regularly to the contest page to do these timed actions to get more entries to improve your chances of winning.
Where we advertise our contests & giveaways
We primarily advertise our contests/giveaways on our social media accounts, partner organisations, livestream and Youtube channels.
How Charede Gaming contacts winners
We typically require an email as a mandatory entry as this is our primary way to contact winners. In addition to this we will contact you via private messaging on the social media accounts you have used as entry during that competition. Failure to respond to these messages within 7 days will result in your winnings being rerolled with no right to compensation.
How Charede Gaming deals with physical goods winnings
When we do giveaway physical goods we will stipulate a post and packaging amount we are willing to pay. If posting the item would cost in excess of this you will need to provide the additional funds in order for us to ship you the item/s. We are not accountable for import tax either so please take this into account when entering as we are not liable for this expense at all. In the event you are not able/willing to pay for any shipping or import tax related expenses which occur we will reroll the winner of the contest.
Partnered/sponsored contests and giveaways
From time to time we will hold contests and giveaways which are sponsored by a partner organisation or someone whom we have an agreement with. In the event this happens we will declare this on the contests about section so that you know when you are dealing with a contest which has either been paid for by someone or features winnings which are provided to us for free.