The team at Charede Gaming just wanted to take the time to talk to you all about our relaunch, how this has gone, recent changes we have made in the past week and what we have planned for the near future. We are hoping that eventually this update series will be a thing it its own right with the focus being on keeping the community in loop as to what is going on, giving you a chance to voice any concerns and get people involved with upcoming opportunities. Eventually I hope to not just do this with articles but also accompanying videos.
We are pleased with how the re-launch has gone and are looking forward to being able to build on this. We acknowledge that further work needs to be done and are aware of some issues that were reported to us. The majority of those problems have been fixed and were fixed within 24 hours of being reported.
We owe the success of the re-launch to our community whether you are someone who chooses to visit the site casually or someone who has officially signed up with a free membership. Either way the fact you are here and supporting us means a lot. So far we have had over 800 article reads, we are just short of 20 member accounts and we have a steady flow of daily traffic.
So far people have not chosen to utalise the comment system and we would love to know why. If you have any feedback about this that would help us whether it be positive or negative we would really love to hear from you. This will mean we can make any necessary changes and work with the community to improve the feature.
Since launch we have made the following changes to the website;
- Fixed several bugs.
- Started the process of sorting the website’s metadata and SEO.
- Redeveloped some graphical elements to improve them. We have 3 other visuals that are still in process of being updated.
- Filled out the tagging system which will help users using search functions to look for content. Search module positions to be added shortly.
Changes for the near future
Below is just a little insight in what is on our agenda for the near future;
- Re-introduction of the official Charede Gaming YouTube channel.
- New content with involvement from game developers and publishers. We can’t talk about this too much right now but we are in talks with some developers and publishers about some new series we have planned. These will be article, video and podcast based. More details to come in future once everything is organised.
- Finish the SEO and registration with google. This should help with search results and finding us. Please note that some of the old Charede Gaming website page searches are still showing up on google so if you get a broken link to the CG site when using google it is probably giving you the old page and not the new one. Once google has crawled the site a few times this should settle down.
- Planning to add some default avatars and profile backgrounds anyone who signs up will be able to use.
- Slight rebuild to live stream directory area so you will not only be able to see the live status of Charede Gaming official streams but also watch them directly on the website.
- Enable downloads area. This will give people access to both free and paid downloadable that we plan to offer to our community.
- Shop area – We plan to implement the shop area. This will be a points store. You accrue points by using the website, getting achievements, posting comments, and sharing articles etc. We don’t think people are at present fully aware of the points system, how to gain points and what these will be used on but we will clarify this through an update and discussion page on the matter.