I and the Charede Gaming elves have been busy at work making improvements to the website and community as well as a host of content. Recently content has slowed up a bit, but that has been due to the long list of changes we have been prioritising which should make things better for all of the community using the website.
[FIXED] Channel and social links – These now open new tabs rather than taking you off the website. A few people alerted us to this, it was not intentionally that way, but it is fixed now.
- [UPDATE] Profile Pages - New section for social media, gaming and streaming accounts. We plan to enhance this later down the line with login verification via the services to verify you own those accounts but for now, there is little text boxes to enter your account names into. Right now this only works for standard membership level but we will add this to Elite and Pro level profiles as soon as possible.
- [FIXED] Right-hand column resized – To give the main sections of the website more prominence and space we have resized the right-hand side column of the front page and other similar pages. This should reduce overall page length and make articles easier to read.
- [NEW] Content Schedule – A new graphic has been made to reflect the new content release schedule which will be used in the coming months.
- Google + Icon removed from top bar and follow CG right module.
- Removed social share from side of articles to prevent it interfering with mobile users reading articles. Top and bottom social share icons are still available to everyone.
- [NEW] Podcast assets being developed and nearly finished.
- [NEW] The first podcast in development to take place on Sunday the 4th of June. Will be broadcast on Twitch & YouTube, uploaded to YouTube & as audio files on Itunes, Soundcloud and CharedeGaming.com.
- [BUG FIX] Fix for modules displaying on opening articles on the front page resulting in viewers having to scroll before seeing the article they have selected.
- [BUG FIX] Fix for text hidden due to colour conflicts on certain pages when using certain features.
- [UPDATE] Enhancements to general member’s area.
- [NEW] Implementation of downloads directory.
- [NEW] Implementation of point store.
- [UPDATE] Changes to Patreon campaign to improve it as well as bringing first Patreon/Sub only content.
- [NEW] Implementation of refer-a-friend scheme and rewards.
- [UPDATE] Users have notified us that the front page top panel is creating a large amount of scrolling down to get the main body of content when using a mobile device. We plan to implement an alternative top area for mobile to resolve this issue and make the website easier to use on smaller devices.
We hope you like the changes we have made and are as excited as us for the upcoming changes. Any feedback, concerns or questions, please let us know in the comment section below and we will answer as soon as possible.